2018 Maui Peace Heroes
• Joseph Daniel Pluta — director of West Maui Improvement Foundation.
• Melinda Kathleen Clarke — author, “Waymakers for Peace.”
• Paris Nabavi — director of Nabavi Legacy Fund.
• Ron Panzo — creator of the Lei of Aloha for World Peace.
• Organization recipient — Habitat for Humanity, represented by Executive Director Sherri Dodson.
Joe Pluta was among the 5 recipients recently recognized as a Maui Peace Hero of 2018. There were nine nominees for this recognition and two that were selected are from West Maui. The Maui Seasons for Peace organization recognizes 4 individuals and one organization each year at this evening awards event. The criteria for selection was as follows:
· Moves our community in the direction of peace through their practice of nonviolence
· Serves as an unsung ambassador of goodwill who unselfishly donates time, talent, energy and resources for the greater good
· Is generous at heart, doing deeds that often go unnoticed
· Is committed to making a positive significant difference in our community